Saturday, October 8, 2016

Revealing Secrets

As a person who does magic tricks, I often get asked "tell me how you did it. Or "just tell me, I'll tell no one". You can never trust the spectator, because as soon as you give it up, you'll be nothing to them. They'll beg you, and flatter you for the secret. That's why we magicians keep everything close to the chest. I've shown a couple of people in my life about the tricks I've done,and the trickery, but not the tricks I respect the most. Because once in a while, I or the entertainer will find a trick that is so impressive, that the trick must never be revealed. And that's the magicians code, or how the old saying goes " a magician never tells his secrets".

https://youtu.be/7MsfHsWs3rE

(This link is a scene from the movie The Prestige. It gives a good example of why not to tell your secrets)

No comments:

Post a Comment