Monday, March 27, 2017

Appreciation



I came to a realization one day, and stared myself in the mirror. Looking at my cloths, pants, sweater, anything i have with me. I started to think, "how lucky am i to have all these things that i own". Because not a lot of people obtain these kind of things. Both my Mother and Father have been  sacrificing there time to give me the best future i could have. And i feel like we take that for granted. All the things they do is for us. They're taking action of their responsibilities, and making sure everything is done right by them. Without them, i wouldn't even be here. I wouldn't have this personality, the cloths i have, the love, care, etc. Some parents may not come home often because they are supporting us. They may be gone for a week, a couple days, or even hours of not coming home. You know why, because they are supporting us. The new sneakers, make-up, hats, shirts, the chains, earnings, anything we want, is because of them. Those things we want, they didn't have those as kids growing up. My Dad has been working his whole life since he was a kid. I haven't even had a job since i was at the age my Dad was when he was a kid. At the age of 7 he already had a job picking crops. When i was 7, i had my toys and light up shoes. That's all i dealt with as a little kid growing up. If i had the chance to tell my Mother for all of the things she has done, i would. But i don't have that chance. All i got is my Dad now, and the things i will say when i see him. Man! Every day when my Dad calls me up from work, (he is a truck driver) at the end of every conversation i say "I love you". Some people may think it's childish, but let me say this; if it was someones last day, wouldn't you want to at least say you love them? Knowing that you cared about them? Because we never know when it's going to be their last. That's why when i always hear conversations of how "annoying their mom or dad" is. All they are trying to do is help and support you. Not many people are with their biological parents. We take so much for granted, and we don't even realize it. To all the parents working hard, supporting their families. I say thank you. Gracias, Merci, Grazi, danke sehr, mahalo, toda,and spasiba. Go say "I love you" to the people you love, because we may never know when it may be their last.


No comments:

Post a Comment